*** Recipes Tutorials ***
Pizza lovers, here is fast, easy and healthy healthy pizza, enjoy it at dinner
- Zucchini: 1 medium, shredded
- Pizza Sauce: 1/3 cup
- Tomato: 1/2 diced
- Parmesan Cheese: 3 tablespoons
- Mozzarella Cheese Shredded: 1/3 cup
- Bread Crumbs: 5 tablespoons
- Egg: 1, beaten
- Oregano: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Finely grate your zucchini and let it sit in a strainer with a dash of salt to release the excess water. This is what I typically do before baking with zucchini, but you can also use the microwave technique to achieve a similar result. If you would rather use a microwave you can set a cloth in a bowl, add the zucchini on top, and microwave on high for 3-5 minutes. When the zucchini has cooled, squeeze out the excess water. Either way works, just want to get the excess moisture out to create a crispier crust.
- While this is draining, start heating up your pizza sauce. I whipped up a quick sauce by sauteing garlic in a skillet, adding a little sauce and fresh diced tomatoes. I love a chunky pizza sauce, so add you’re a little oregano, salt, pepper, and let it simmer while we move on to making the zucchini pizza crusts.
- Mix the zucchini with parmesan cheese, mozzarella, bread crumbs, oregano, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and an egg. You can then decide how many mini pizzas you want to make. For this recipe, I divided the mixture into two balls and placed them on my pizza stone.
- Can we please just admire my pizza stone I’m finally putting to use! Literally just took it out of the box, eek!! I feel super legit now. But seriously, if you just spray a cookie sheet, this will work just fine. Press the mixture into two crusts, making sure the edges don’t get too thin. You want your crust to bake evenly.
- I first put these in the oven for 10-12 minutes to cook the crust a little extra. Then carefully pull your cookie sheet or pizza stone from the oven and add your fresh tomato sauce on top of each pizza crust and top with mozzarella cheese. These mini pizzas are ready to go in the oven again until the edges of your crust get crispy.
- The pizzas will take around 5 more minutes after you place them back in the oven to melt the cheese and brown up on the crust. Lucky for you, these are best served hot, so no waiting is involved. I sliced these little thangs up and about 5 minutes later they were gone! New recipes don’t last very long on my plate. I mean, I’m just trying to perfect some recipes for all of YOU! :)
- These pizzas will give you that flavor that you need with half the calories. You can still splurge on your favorite food items and stay in line with your nutrition plan. Why can’t we eat more of things that are good to taste and for the waist?